The Project Manager is accountable for the overall delivery of a project. Strategically, this position engages clients and software partners to help shape ideas into viable business initiatives which support key business objectives – primarily the implementation of new software solutions. Tactically, the project manager is responsible for overseeing entire project implementation lifecycle including costs, resources and timelines. The Project Manager is responsible for providing clear direction to the project team, stakeholders, project sponsors and executive management in the execution of the project plan and in accordance with the Statement of Work (SOW).
- Actively direct the project through the project stages ensuring delivery of the technology solution within the defined scope, timeline and cost and in accordance with the governing Master Services Agreement (MSA) and Statement(s) of Work (SOW(s)).
- Lead the planning process, including definition of the project plan, governance structures, project communication plan, testing and QA plan and risk management plan
- Proactively manage any changes in project scope, identify potential issues/risks and devise mitigation and contingency plans
- Manage client expectations with regard to scope, timelines and cost as necessary to ensure success of the project
- Serve as the focal point for all communications regarding the project status, deliverables, issues and risks
- Foster an environment of mutual respect and focused success between client, software partner, and project team
- Create and maintain key project documents including project plan, budget, status reports, issue/defect logs, risk mitigation log, change management log, and other deliverable document templates
- Actively engage with project sponsor and executive management to ensure appropriate strategic alignment of project with agreed-upon business objectives
- Provide oversight to project team related to key deliverables and timelines
- Serve in a consultative capacity to guide client through change management and business process improvement
- Establish environment of frequent and open communication between the full project team through methods appropriate to the culture of the client
- Analyze and manage project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and project utilization (?)
- Provide regular, real-time feedback to project team resources regarding project-related performance
- Understand current critical path throughout project to adjust priorities as needed and maintain budget and timeline
- Participate in pre-sales activities
- Build software partner and client relationships to generate future revenue opportunities
- Obtain and maintain any required certifications and continuing education necessary to understand generally accepted project management practices, as well as trends in project management techniques and approaches.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.